School Closure Procedure
In the event of the school being closed at short notice, information will be made available to parents in the following ways:
- A message will be put on the school website
- Local authority website https://www.bracknell-forest.gov.uk/schools-and-learning/schools/school-closures
- An announcement will be broadcast at regular intervals on local radio stations, usually from 7.00 a.m:
- Radio Berkshire 95.4 FM 104.1 FM
- Heart FM 96.0 – 107 FM
- If possible, the school phone will be manned.
- Text to parents mobile and email (via our school communications system)
- Information boards will be placed outside the Infant and Junior Schools in Rhododendron Walk.
Emergency Evacuation of School
In the event that we have to evacuate the school, we will be accommodated at Ascot Baptist Church in King Edwards Road.
Procedure in the event of a warning signal from Broadmoor Hospital
As a school located within seven miles of Broadmoor Hospital, we follow this recommended procedure in the event of an escape warning:
- If there is an escape, the warning siren will sound and all schools within approximately seven miles of Broadmoor Hospital will be notified. The warning signal is tested each Monday at 00 a.m. for two minutes. After a break of two minutes the all-clear siren is sounded for two minutes.
- The school will stay open and operate as normally as possible.
- Parents who know of an escape before their children leave home for school will be expected to make arrangements for escort.
- Where an escape occurs before the start of school or during the morning session, pupils will be kept inside school at lunchtime.
- On subsequent days, parents will be solely responsible for the safety of their children to and from school.
- Parents should discuss any special difficulties that are likely to arise in an individual case with the headteacher.
- If an escape takes place, parents are asked to keep telephone calls to the school to an absolute minimum.